cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbjeter3
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to build a User report for my Boss. He wants several fields out of Active Directory in the report including one that is eluding me. When you go into Active Directory Users and Computer open a user, and then go to the Organization Tab, there is a Manager field. When you pull that same user up in Lansweeper, go to the Organization Tab, there is a matching field "Direct Manager". Obviously there is a link between the two, but for the life of me I cannot find a Database Table / Field with the corresponding info. Even when I look in AD Users and Computers under Attribute Editor, I cannot find a field that matches.. Can someone help?
2 REPLIES 2
nbjeter3
Engaged Sweeper
I thought that as well. The problem is that gives the Manager name as their Username. If you look at the Direct Manager field in the organization tab in lansweeper it gives the full name. This is the field I am looking for but can't find.
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You can make use of, or base yourself on, the built-in report 'Users: AD users and their managers' for this. It basically left joins the database table tblADObjects to tblADusers on ADObjectID and ManagerADObjectId.

For your convenience, you can find the report below

Select Top 1000000 tblADusers.Username,
tblADusers.Userdomain,
tblADusers.Firstname,
tblADusers.Lastname,
tblADusers.Name,
tblADusers.Displayname,
tblADusers.email As Email,
tblADObjects.sAMAccountName As ManagerName,
tblADObjects.domain As ManagerDomain
From tblADusers
Left Join tblADObjects On